Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ozil: I'm still not Zidane's Level


The Germany international thinks that he still must improve a great deal to reach the same heights as the retired Frenchman.

"I never compare myself with him," Ozil told AS. "I am proud to be at such a big club like Madrid, but Zidane is at another level. He was a player with worldwide success. I am still missing that. I still have to prove myself.

"He was a complete player. He played with both feet, he had good technique, good heading and finishing. Zidane was an incredible player because he had amazing tricks. As a professional, I recognize that he did not only do things which were beautiful to watch, he was also very effective, a true hard working player."

Ozil, who is currently away on international duty for Euro 2012, then admitted that he plays the same way for Madrid as he does with the national team.

"Before I have the ball, I think about where my teammates will be, where I can cross the ball," he added. "When you are playing at Madrid or with Germany, it gets easy, because everyone is thinking with you.

"The positive thing for me is that Madrid and Germany play with the exact same system. I do not have to adapt. It is great."